Sunday, May 15, 2011

How To Create an Easy Children's Vegetable Garden

Easy Children's Vegetable Garden Plan
I was looking through an issue of Better Homes and Gardens, when I came across this child friendly vegetable patch.  The colorful plot contains varieties such as pacman broccoli, green tiger squash, super snappy snap peas, red sails lettuce, kaleidoscope carrots and many more.  

The Food Revolution Garden, is a partnership between Chef Jamie Oliver and Better Homes and Gardens magazine. This 8x12 foot revolution garden was designed to engage children.  

Gardening has always felt so overwhelming to me, but when I look at this well-planned creation, I can't wait to get started with my little boy.  You can download a copy of the plan, with larger picture, layout and step by step instructions (but it does require you to sign up for the free BHG newsletter).   Chef Jamie Oliver has recently been campaigning against processed foods in national schools.  He has been working to improve unhealthy diets and cooking habits here in the U.S. and the U.K. 

see:  Straw Bale Gardening

No comments: