Friday, May 6, 2011

A Carousel in the Garden - Amusing Amusements

What?  You don't have one in your garden?  Why ever not?  Surely it must be the latest fashion.  My son and I love passing this home.  We never know what to expect.  A few months ago there was a camel, standing and chewing away.  This merry-go-round jogged a memory of a catalog I used to get.  The highest priced item was a hand painted, real working carousel that you could maintain in your back yard.  For a mere $1,000,000.00 you could have the ultimate playground.  I had a peak around and found a site with a slightly used, good condition, 2-story carousel for only $350,000.00   I'm thinking 'what a deal'....(?)  Vintage is so in.  In any case, they are lovely to look at and they do tend to bring out the child in all of us.

see:  A Boy's Dreamloft Playhouse