A friend of mine in the health field once mentioned that it was a shame no one ate the cereal at the bottom of the box, as it was where most of the 'fortified with vitamins and minerals' settled. I never had to worry about that in my home, as I have been making my frugal recipe for years. The next time you find your pantry cluttered with annoying boxes of almost gone cereal...try these. It's amazing how children gravitate toward anything with marshmallows in it.
Bottom of the Cereal Box Bars
4 Tbls butter or margarine
1-10.5 oz package marshmallows (large or small)
6 cups cereal -- any kind you like (and don't be afraid to add the crumbs at the bottom)
13x9x2 dish coated with butter or cooking spray
1) Melt butter or margarine in a very large pot over low heat.
2) Stir in marshmallow until completely melted.
3) Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
4) Pour mixture out into serving pan and flatten with buttered spatula.
5) Cool completely before cutting into squares (I sometimes just put it in the refrigerator before cutting).